Saturday, August 19, 2017

Nairn Half Marathon

While we're up in Scotland on holiday we fit in a spot of running, of course.

First we head to Elgin, around thirty minutes away from where we are staying in Nairn, so that L can chalk up another parkrun where she beats Olympic rower Heather Stanning on TeamParkrun day. Heather, it has to be said, doesn’t try too hard and tailwalks.
 
Then it’s back to Nairn for the Highland Games where I am one of the attractions in the Half Marathon.

Sadly I injury myself (calf again) during my warm up. I decide that the best thing to do would be to pull out completely. Then as things improve slightly after a few stretches I decide to jog the first mile.

The first mile is uncomfortable but bearable, so I give the next mile a go, then I give the other eleven a go. My conclusion, as I hobble home home in two hours exactly and then can’t walk afterwards, is that I should have pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment