Saturday, July 4, 2015

Great Manchester Swim



Not quite such an early start today as we head over for the Great Manchester Swim which is actually held in Salford. Although the start would have been even earlier had my partner managed to negotiate a Parkrun into the schedule.

I am due to be tipped into Salford Quays at 11am, my partner starts at 1pm, with a dog shaped baton change in between.

I’m hoping that the super clean dock water won't irritate my assorted abrasions from this week's cycling mishap too badly. I hate to think what’s in the water.


It is actually the best Great Swim I’ve done because the course isn’t just a great big loop. The route takes you around one part of the Quays then through a linking channel known as the Mariner’s Canal before emerging into a separate part of the Quays where the finish is.

Some will disagree but it’s not terribly scenic as the view is mostly of the brick sides of the Quay and the feet of the person in front of you. It’s also the warmest swim I’ve done with the water temperature over 18 degrees. I was sweating into my neoprene by the time I’d finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment